In the past few years, technological advances have made inkjet printing an increasingly compelling proposition for businesses. Inkjet printers can offer similar performance to laser printers, with low cost of ownership and maintenance requirements. Here are four ways business inkjet printers can help you save time and money.
1. Fewer maintenance parts, less frequent replacements
It’s simple math: With fewer replacement parts than typical laser printers, Epson business inkjet printers can help reduce your supply and maintenance costs — not to mention the possible time savings. With our Supertank printers, there are no cartridges to replace, thanks to their cost-effective, high-capacity refillable ink tank system. Tip: when shopping for a business inkjet printer, look for a permanent print head designed to last for the life of the printer.
2. Since they’re engineered for reliability, that can mean fewer service calls
In general, the more complex a machine, the more potential it has to malfunction. Compared to laser printers, inkjet printers typically have fewer potential breakpoints, which can make interventions with inkjet printers much less frequent than many people may think.1 For example, the Epson WorkForce® Business Inkjet printer line features the same PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology™ that powers our industrial printers, offering professional-level reliability. Even installing inkjet printers can be less demanding than laser printers: the Epson flagship WF-C21000 plugs into a standard 110V outlet, so there’s no need for an electrician to install a dedicated 220v outlet that’s required by some competitors.
3. Less power usage, lower utility bills
Reducing your energy consumption can amount to meaningful savings over time. With its heat-free technology, the WF-C21000 requires up to 75% less energy.2 (Note that actual power savings will vary by product model and usage.) The same PrecisionCore Heat-free Technology™ helps mitigate power usage because it doesn’t have to preheat a fuser for toner.
4. Time is money — get it done faster
Every bit of increased efficiency adds up. Print speed may be the most immediately recognizable time saver — the WF-C21000 blazes through prints at 100 ISO ppm3, the fastest print speed in its class4 — but there are other ways a Business Inkjet printer helps you reclaim time and increase productivity. A simple printing process reduces first-page-out time after you click “Print.” Optional additional paper trays can mean fewer trips to the supply closet.
Visit epson.com/businessinkjet to learn how Epson WorkForce business inkjet printers can benefit your business.
1. Source IDC, 2017 (Based on extrapolation from IDC Inkjet Forecast data, includes SOHO and SMB Market) — Consumer Unit Shipments: IDC Worldwide Single-Function Printer Forecast, 2017-2021, IDC Worldwide Multifunction Peripheral Forecast, 2017-2021; Wide-Format Unit Shipments: IDC North America Large-Format Printer Market Shares, 2017-2021; Production Print Volume: IDC U.S. Production Page Volume Forecast 2017-2021; Office Unit Shipments: IDC Worldwide Single-Function Printer Forecast, 2017-2021, IDC Worldwide Multifunction Peripheral Forecast, 2017-2021
2. WF-C21000 as compared to similarly featured color multifunction printers with speeds of 45ppm or greater based on industry available data as of December 2020. Actual power savings will vary depending on usage.
3. Black and color print speeds are measured in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. For more information, visit www.epson.com/printspeed
4. Compared to similarly featured color multifunction printers with speeds of 45 ppm or greater based on industry available data, October 2019. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. For more information, visit www.epson.com/printspeed